University of Omaha (1908-1931)
The University of Omaha had its beginnings as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha, founded in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha, the name by which it is known today.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents The UNO Athletics Collection comprises a large and diverse array of materials related to the various athletics programs at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the Municipal University of Omaha, including scrapbooks, photographs and slides, artifacts and memorabilia, trophies and awards, papers of athletics department faculty and staff, paintings, news and publicity material, blueprints, and audiovisual recordings, from about 1924 to the present. Included are materials...
Scope and Contents The UNO Physical Plant records are concerned with the buildings of the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the University of Omaha. The records include both current buildings and buildings which no longer exist or are no longer UNO property, and cover the period from approximately 1908 to the present, although the vast majority of records cover the period from the 1970s to the present. The records comprise plans and program statements, physical plant information by building,...