UNO Dance Collection
New material added 2015-03-10: The accession documents the UNO Dance program including the Moving Company and other performances and programs in Omaha through posters, photographs, news clippings, and files (circa 2004-2014). The collection includes a significant number of films of performances (circa 1981-2012). The collection also includes books by Prof. Josie Metal-Corbin.
New material added 2015-05-07: Most of the materials in this accession pertain to Professor Metal-Corbin’s career in dance instruction or dance in general. Framed certificates may be removed from the frames to save space. The books in this collection include materials written by Professor Metal-Corbin. Items in file folder may be integrated into UNO Dance Collection boxes.
New material added 2015-07-08: Moving Company Posters (2013-2015): Four large mounted posters; Envelope containing a small mounted poster and Moving Company photographs and publicity materials.
New material added 2017-12-06: Programs from 2017 dance events in which UNO’s The Moving Company performed. These materials were interfiled into an existing box of the UNO Dance Collection.
- Metal-Corbin, Josie (Creator, Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, the Nebraska Public Records Statutes (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 84-712 through 84-712.09), and other relevant regulations. Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Nebraska Omaha assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, Archives & Special Collections will provide information about copyright owners and related information. Securing permission to publish or use material is the responsibility of the researcher. Note that unless specifically transferred to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, any applicable copyrights may be held by another individual or entity. Further information about copyright policy is available at http://libguides.unomaha.edu/library_policies.
10.5 Cubic Feet (14 boxes, photographs, posters)
Materials received after 2014 have not yet been arranged or described.
Josie Metal-Corbin, UNO Dance Professor, transferred the records to the Criss Library beginning sometime prior to 2012 and continuing on an irregular schedule through 20175.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Josie Metal-Corbin, UNO Dance Professor, sends materials to the Criss Libray on an irregular schedule. The most recent accrual was received in 20175.
Processed by Angela Kroeger, Archives and Special Collections Associate, in August-September 2013 and Colina Matthews, Archives and Special Collections student assistant, in January 2012. Sweety Yadav added a simplified folder list to ArchivesSpace in May 2015.
- Dance -- Study and teaching -- Nebraska -- Omaha
- Dance companies -- Nebraska -- Omaha
- Metal-Corbin, Josie
- Performing arts -- Nebraska -- Omaha
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. School of Health and Kinesiology
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. The Moving Company
- clippings (information artifacts)
- fliers (printed matter)
- motion pictures (visual works)
- negatives (photographic)
- programs (documents)
- records (documents)
- slides (photographs)
- theater programs
- Metal-Corbin, Josie (Creator, Person)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. The Moving Company (Creator, Organization)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. School of Health and Kinesiology (Creator, Organization)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (Creator, Organization)
- UNO Dance Collection
- Colina Matthews arranged and described the original collection in January 2012. Angela Kroeger, Archives & Special Collections Associate, completed the arrangement and description of the collection in August-September 2013. Sweety Yadav, Archives & Special Collections student assistant, added the folder list to ArchivesSpace in May 2015. Angela Kroeger revised finding aid to reflect new accessions in June and July 2015.
- Description rules
- Description based on DACS
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- 4th Edition
- 2015-07-13: Updated dates, extents, scope & contents, and arrangement notes to include 2015-027 accession
- 2017-12-21: Updated dates, scope & contents, custodial history, and accruals to include 2017-061 accession
Part of the UNO Libraries' Archives & Special Collections Repository
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
6001 Dodge St.
Omaha Nebraska 68182-0237 United States