University of Omaha (1908-1931). Law Department
The University of Omaha Law School was founded in 1893 as the Omaha School of Law. The Omaha School of Law joined the University of Omaha in 1910 or 1911 as the Law Department, and by 1915 it became the University of Omaha College of Law, sometimes called the Night Law School. When the University of Omaha became the Municipal University of Omaha in 1931, the College of Law became the University of Omaha Law School. Through all iterations, the Law School was a night school, and despite 19 years of effort (1923-1942), it never received accreditation. In 1942, a Nebraska Supreme Court decision dashed any future hope of accreditation, and the school closed.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Scope and Contents The OU Law School Collection includes the University of Omaha School of Law Lambda Phi Legal Fraternity Minute Book (handwritten meeting minutes, 1921-1936), materials pertaining to Frank L. Frost's career as a lawyer in Nebraska (four unidentified rolled documents), a large photograph of 1922 OU College of Law Lambda Phi members (including F.L. Frost), a large photograph of 1934 OU College of Law Lambda Phi members (including P.M. McShane), the University of Omaha Night School of Law...