The Division of Continuing Studies is a subordinate unit of the University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Public Affairs and Community Service (CPACS), and it is responsible for administering the Bachelor's degree program in General Studies. Prior to the 2003 merger with CPACS, the College of Continuing Studies was a larger body offering a wider range of adult education services to nontraditional students, both degree seeking and non-degree seeking. It began in or before 1932/1933 as the Municipal University of Omaha Extension Division (circa 1932/1933-1937/1938). It grew into the School of Adult Education (1938/1939-1951/1952), was upgraded to the College of Adult Education (CAE, 1952/1953-1965/1966), and then became the College of Continuing Studies (CCS, 1966/1967-2002/2003). CCS programs included the Offutt Air Force Base program and the TV Classroom, as well as many conferences. From 1980 until 2000, CCS operated a Downtown Education Center in the Peter Kiewit Conference Center in downtown Omaha. When budget cuts forced UNO to pull out of the Peter Kiewit Center, CCS staffing levels were greatly reduced, non-degree-seeking programs were eliminated, operation of the conference center was eliminated, and CCS's focus was narrowed, leaving only the Bachelor of General Studies degree program. In 2003, CCS was subsumed into CPACS and downgraded to the Division of Continuing Studies.