The University of Nebraska at Omaha Women's Club purpose, according to its original 1937 constitution, was "to promote sociability and good will among its members and to promote projects which further the best interests of the University and its community." Those eligible for membership included women faculty members, full or part time, and the wives of men faculty members, full or part time. By 1939, membership was opened to women administrative officers and the wives of administrative officers. The organization was dormant from October 7, 1943, until November 19, 1948. Among other activities, the organization hosted parties, arranged speakers on various topics, and offered scholarships to students. The organization also contained several special interest groups to facilitate social gatherings among members with specific common interests.
During the period from 1948 through 1966, the organization's name was identified inconsistently in the meeting minutes, with variants including University of Omaha Woman's Club, University of Omaha Faculty Woman's Club, University of Omaha Women's Club, University of Omaha Faculty Women's Club, Omaha University Women's Club, Omaha University Women's Faculty Club, and University of Omaha Faculty Wives Club. In or before 1962, the club's constitution officially renamed the organization as University of Omaha Women's Club, and membership was expanded to included women regents, wives of regents, retired women faculty members, and the wives of retired or deceased faculty members. By the 1966 revision, membership for women faculty members and the wives of faculty members was restricted to those employed full time. In 1968, when the University of Omaha joined the University of Nebraska system, the organization officially changed its name to the University of Nebraska at Omaha Faculty Women's Club. Beginning in 1975, part-time faculty or the wives of part-time faculty were again allowed to join the organization, but not to hold office.
In 2012, membership was expanded to include non-faculty women, both staff members and wives of staff members. The University of Nebraska at Omaha Faculty Women's Club underwent several name changes throughout its history: University of Omaha Woman's Club (1937-1943, 1948-1960), University of Omaha Women's Club (1960-1966), University of Omaha Faculty Women's Club (1966-1968), University of Nebraska at Omaha Faculty Women's Club (1968-2012), and University of Nebraska at Omaha Women's Club (beginning in 2012).