Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Municipal University of Omaha. Extension Division

 Organization

The Municipal University of Omaha Extension Division (circa 1932/1933-1937/1938) was founded to provide night

classes at the Municipal University of Omaha. Many of these evening classes were conducted at facilities such as

the YMCA, YWCA, and local elementary schools. The Extension Division grew into the School of Adult Education (1938/1939-1951/1952) and was later upgraded to the College of Adult Education (CAE, 1952/1953-1965/1966). Eventually, it became the College of Continuing Studies (CCS, 1966/1967-2002/2003). In 2000, budget cuts forced UNO to cut the College of Continuing Studies' programs and staff, and then in 2003, it was subsumed into the College of Public Affairs and Community Service and downgraded to the Division of Continuing Studies.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

UNO College of Continuing Studies Records

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0061
Scope and Contents

The UNO College of Continuing Studies Records comprise the files of the University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Continuing Studies (CCS), covering the period from 1932 until 2003. The collection includes the College of Adult Education (CAE) annual volumes (essentially scrapbooks containing course catalogs, programs, mailers, correspondence, newsletters, and other ephemera) (1947/1948-1966/1967); CAE dean's annual reports (1951-1959); CAE annual report materials (similar to the annual ...