Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

American Chemical Society. Omaha Section

 Organization

The American Chemical Society (ACS) is a national nonprofit organization founded in New York in 1876 and chartered by the United States Congress in 1937. The organization publishes scholarly journals and databases, offers scientific research conferences, guides U.S. educational and science policy, and provides chemistry career programs in the U.S. As of 2014, ACS has 187 local sections. The Omaha Section was founded in 1920 by ACS members from Douglas, Sarpy, Washington, Cass, and Dodge counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie County, Iowa.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

American Chemical Society Omaha Section Records

 Collection — Box: All
Identifier: MSS-0019
Scope and Contents The American Chemical Society Omaha Section Records consist of the documentation created and used by the Omaha branch of the national organization, spanning the timeframe from approximately 1924 until 1985. The records include annual reports (1961-1983), annual financial statements (1924-1949), meeting agendas, meeting notes, constitution, charter, bylaws, insurance plans, tax forms, publications, correspondence, speaking tour information and schedules, local section chats, articles,...