Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

University of Omaha (1908-1931)

 Organization

The University of Omaha had its beginnings as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha, founded in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha, the name by which it is known today.

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Letter Sweater of Charles Matthews (button-down), circa 1930-1932

 Item — Box: Apparel [5]
Scope and Contents A red cardigan letter sweater belonging to Charles Matthews, class of 1932. The sweater includes a black O. The sweater is in excellent condition.

Letter Sweater of Charles Matthews (pullover), circa 1930-1932

 Item — Box: Apparel [4]
Scope and Contents A red V-neck letter sweater belonging to Charles Matthews, class of 1932. The sweater includes a black O. The sweater is in excellent condition.

University of Omaha Letter Sweater of Victor "Jorgy" Jorgensen, 1915

 Item — Box: Apparel [1]
Scope and Contents See also the Athletics series for apparel items associated with a particular sport and the Organizations series for apparel items associated with a particular student or staff group.