University of Omaha (1908-1931)
The University of Omaha had its beginnings as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha, founded in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha, the name by which it is known today.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents The UNO Art Collection includes works of art created at, commissioned by, or collected by the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the University of Omaha, from circa 1908 to the present. It includes painted portraits of university presidents, chancellors, officers, and others; paintings of university buildings, including conceptual art related to building construction; artwork formerly used as decorations in campus buildings; literary artwork; caricatures; and more. Some...
Scope and Contents The UNO Athletics Collection comprises a large and diverse array of materials related to the various athletics programs at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the Municipal University of Omaha, including scrapbooks, photographs and slides, artifacts and memorabilia, trophies and awards, papers of athletics department faculty and staff, paintings, news and publicity material, blueprints, and audiovisual recordings, from about 1924 to the present. Included are materials...