The University of Omaha had its beginnings as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha, founded in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha, the name by which it is known today.
Collection — Box: 1
The collection includes two Gateway yearbooks from the University of Omaha, for the years 1926 and 1927, which were the property of student Helen Hawkins, a member of Pi Omega Pi. The 1926 volume is unmarked and in good condition. The 1927 volume has numerous pieces of ephemera from 1925 through 1927 pasted upon the pages, including event invitations, event programs, seating markers, holiday and birthday cards, and news clippings. Some of these items are printed, others handwritten. Many...
Scope and Contents
The UNO Athletics Collection comprises a large and diverse array of materials related to the various athletics programs at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessor the Municipal University of Omaha, including scrapbooks, photographs and slides, artifacts and memorabilia, trophies and awards, papers of athletics department faculty and staff, paintings, news and publicity material, blueprints, and audiovisual recordings, from about 1924 to the present. Included are materials...