University of Omaha (1908-1931)
The University of Omaha had its beginnings as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha, founded in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha, the name by which it is known today.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Scope and Contents The Oliver Pollak Papers comprise the research materials of Oliver Pollak, professor of history at the University of Nebraska at Omaha from 1974 through 2012. The series Fifty Years of Teaching History at the University of Omaha, 1908-1957, comprises Oliver Pollak's research notes for the article "Fifty Years of Teaching History at the University of Omaha, 1908-1957," published in Journal of the West, volume 42, issue 3, Summer 2003. This...