Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

University of Omaha (1908-1931)

 Organization

The University of Omaha had its beginnings as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha, founded in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha, the name by which it is known today.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

UNO Financial Records

 Collection
Identifier: UNO-0080
Scope and Contents

The UNO Financial Records include ledgers and bound fiscal reports of the University of Nebraska at Omaha and its predecessors the University of Omaha and Municipal University of Omaha, as well as the budget books and personnel rosters of the University of Nebraska System, which cover the University of Nebraska at Omaha, University of Nebraska--Lincoln, University of Nebraska Medical Center, University of Nebraska at Kearney, and University of Nebraska Central Administration. The first ...