Municipal University of Omaha. Air Force ROTC
Air Force ROTC Detachment 470 "Wolfpack" is the detachment of the Air Force Reserve Officers' Training Corps at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (prior to 1968, the Municipal University of Omaha). Discussion about establishing a ROTC unit on the University of Omaha campus began as early as 1936. In 1948, the OU Board of Regents authorized an application for an Air ROTC unit at the university. In 1951, the Air Force ROTC (AFROTC) unit at OU was assigned its first U.S. Air Force officer, Major R. E. Whaley, Assistant Professor of Air Science. AFROTC Detachment 470 remains active at the University of Nebraska at Omaha today.
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Air Force ROTC Detachment 470 Scrapbook Presented to OU President Milo and Josephine Bail Upon the Retirement of Milo Bail, 1965
The Air Force ROTC Detachment 470 Scrapbook Presented to OU President Milo and Josephine Bail Upon the Retirement of Milo Bail, 1965, is a single cloth-covered binder containing photographs and letters to the Bails from members and alumni of AFROTC Detachment 470. The letters express congratulations for Milo Bail's retirement, some sharing memories of experiences at the University of Omaha.